The bright future for Dragon Age and Mass Effect darkens: Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah leave BioWare

The bright future for Dragon Age and Mass Effect darkens

 

Some just aren't meant to be together, and BioWare General Manager Casey Hudson is leaving the company once again.

BioWare is losing talent

Hudson joined BioWare again in 2017, after three years at Microsoft. The designer returned home to work on the long-suffering Anthem, which is now being rebuilt. Together with Hudson, BioWare launched the development of the fourth Dragon Age. The game is still in its early stages of development, and  gamers were only shown a bunch of concept art .

The last BioWare project presented was the re-release of Mass Effect, and the studio also announced a full-fledged continuation of the series, about which nothing is known yet.

“Reaching this moment gave me the opportunity to reflect on my own future, and 2020 was the year that made us all rethink our understanding of work and life. I realized that I still have tremendous energy for creativity, but I also realized that I need to try something different, ”- explained his departure Hudson.

Together with Casey Hudson, Mark Darrah, executive producer of Dragon Age, announced his departure from the studio. He has already been replaced by the head of BioWare Austin Christian Daley, and Gary McKay will be the interim general manager to replace Hudson.

“I don't know what the future holds, but I can't wait to find out. With the same enthusiasm I am eager to know what Dragon Age will now become, ”commented Darrah's departure.

Source: BioWare

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.